Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Corpus Christi Experience... 2012

I just returned from a great business trip to Corpus Christi, Texas.  Sadly, I was unimpressed with the town itself.  It seemed to me that the town was really economically depressed and run down.  I don't know, it could have been that it was just the "off season."  Corpus is a big spring break town so maybe things liven up then!

Anyway, the town did have some great attributes that I really did enjoy and others that I wish I would have had more time to enjoy.  The Texas State Aquarium was fantastic as was the U.S.S. Lexington aircraft carrier exhibit.  There were also a few gift shops, great restaurants, and a boardwalk that spanned the length of the beaches on the north side of town where we were staying.  The beaches themselves were freshly dredged and re-created and the water was clear with a nice blue-green tint.

I have attached photos of some of the attractions that I visited for your viewing pleasure.....




Fun time at the Texas State Aquarium.  They had a great dolphin show!  Three dolphins made up the cast of characters along with two trainers.  The dolphins could actually bounce and dribble balls like they were playing basketball.






Scenes from Corpus Christi Beach.  There were great wild flowers growing right out of the sand.  The beaches were clean and the sand felt great between my toes, albeit a tad cold though...

More pics to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment